Thursday, May 30, 2013

New Plants and Farmers Market Info!

Clockwise: Mint, Tatsoi, Paul Robeson Tomato, Cinnamon Basil, Brandywine Tomato, and Purple Mizuna

 

More Plants

On Wednesday, I stopped by the Bushwick Campus Farm (disclosure, I am an apprentice at the farm) to pick up some more plants. See those beauties above. This means that Im about 50% of the way to my plant goal for the season. This weekend, Ill be picking up a lot of soil and will transplant them into containers on the roof.

Bushwick Campus Farm, Ecostation:NY, and Bushwick Farmers Market

Everything from beans to peppers to lettuce being prepped for the Bushwick Farmers Market

You can find out more about The Bushwick Campus Farm at http://ecostationny.org/BCF/ or https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bushwick-Campus-Farm/219482024759889. Better yet, come to the first farmers market of the season on Saturday, June 1 at Maria Hernandez Park. Ill be there volunteering during part of the event helping to sale our beautiful plants. You can find out more about the market here - http://www.bushwickfarmersmarket.org/.

One of the many lettuce varieties for sale from the Bushwick Campus Farm


And Then The Universe Rewards Me


After about 8 hours of back breaking work, I was crazy exhausted when I got home. I try to spend at least an hour a day on the roof communing with the world and my growing garden. I forced to go up there exhaustion and all (with a rum and coke and some freshly picked mint) and was rewarded with the view you see below. I never cease to be amazed by the universe!

See Manhattan in the horizon?

No comments:

Post a Comment